Usability testing is crucial for understanding user behavior and improving digital experiences. While Trymata has been a notable choice in this domain, it’s always wise to consider alternatives that might better fit your needs. In this article, we’ll explore six top Trymata alternatives for usability testing in 2023, breaking down their features, pricing, and what users have to say about them. But first, let’s have a look at the pros and cons of Trymata.
What makes Trymata a popular usability testing tool?
Trymata, formerly known as TryMyUI, has carved a niche for itself in the usability testing domain. Several features make it a solid choice for many businesses:
- Comprehensive Usability Testing: Trymata offers both remote and in-person usability testing, allowing businesses to gather feedback in diverse settings.
- Diverse Participant Pool: With access to a global audience, Trymata ensures that businesses can target specific demographics for more relevant feedback.
- Integrated Video & Audio Feedback: Users can share their experiences in real-time, providing insights into their interactions and pain points.
- Collaborative Insights: Teams can collaborate on the platform, making it easier to share, discuss, and act on the feedback received.
Trymata reviews from real users – via Capterra
Pros: “The platform itself is okay. The testers get replaced pretty easily and have some interesting features.”
Cons: “Terrible customer support. I closed my account due to a price hike and can no longer access the test data I paid for.”
Is Trymata legit?
While Trymata showcases a series of customer stories on their website, painting a positive picture of their platform, it’s essential to cross-reference this with independent feedback. Discussions on forums and review platforms sometimes present a different narrative. As with any tool, potential users should weigh official testimonials against independent reviews to get a comprehensive understanding of the platform’s strengths and weaknesses.
The 6 Best Trymata Alternatives for Usability Testing in 2023
Right, let’s dive in. Here are the top 6 Trymata alternatives for your usability testing needs. You’ll never guess which platform ranks first…
Userbrain is a dynamic usability testing platform designed to provide businesses with actionable insights into their product’s user experience. With a focus on providing easy, fast, and affordable user testing, Userbrain offers a streamlined process for setting up tests, finding testers, and analyzing results. All of this makes Userbrain the best choice for businesses looking to optimize their UX without unnecessary hassle or fuss. Userbrain is the cream of the crop when it comes to Trymata alternatives.
- Pay As You Go: At $39 per tester, this plan offers flexibility for businesses to conduct tests when required without any monthly commitments.
- Subscriptions: Starting at $79 per month, making Userbrain ideal for businesses that require regular usability testing. Choose either monthly or annual billing.
- Enterprise: Custom packages and pricing for large teams. Contact Sales to get a custom quote.
- AI Insights: Save time and effort when analyzing user test videos as your AI assistant discovers insights and writes notes for you.
- Large Participant Pool: Recruit testers from Userbrain’s global panel of 110k+ participants, or invite your own users.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Not happy with the quality your user test video? No worries! Userbrain will find you another tester.
- Presentation-ready Reports: Share and discuss user test findings with your team and stakeholders using Userbrain’s collaborative Reports.
- Automated Transcripts: Userbrain’s Automated Transcripts feature makes analyzing tester feedback a breeze.
- Prototype Testing: Want to test your prototype in the real world? Userbrain is your go-to user testing tool — perfectly compatible with all prototyping tools.
- Mobile App Testing: See how real people interact with your mobile app on both iPhone and Android devices, uncover unknown bugs, and validate your design choices with real feedback from Userbrain testers.
Userbrain Reviews from real users – via Capterra
- “Incredibly easy to set up a usability test with remote users recruited by Userbrain. Great video review tool made it super fast to get relevant results.”
- “Userbrain is super easy to use, and you get results fast. In a matter of a few hours, you get your first test results.”
- “This has been wonderful overall. It has given a great opportunity to reach out to our target market.”
- “The customer service is excellent, with the team getting back to you really quickly – and happy to give you replacement tests if any don’t work out technically.”
- “The method of how Userbrain presents the tasks on the screen can confuse users and often wastes time as they get mixed up.”
- “No app functionality and slightly confusing process for video creation.”
- “The users can take anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes to complete the task. There should be a minimum amount of time a user can take to go through the exercise or risk not being credited if they do not.”
Userbrain’s commitment to delivering fast, actionable insights, combined with its user-friendly interface, makes it a top choice for businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re a startup looking to validate a new idea or an established company aiming to refine your user experience, Userbrain offers the tools and expertise to help you succeed.
? Looking to see exactly how Userbrain stacks up vs. the competition? Check out our blog post comparing UserTesting vs. Trymata vs. Userbrain.
2. UX Tweak
UXtweak is a fairly robust alternative to Trymata for usability testing. The platform is tailored to assist businesses in enhancing their website’s user experience with a diverse set of tools at the user’s disposal. UXtweak is more than capable of providing insights into user interactions, enabling UX designers to pinpoint and rectify potential usability challenges.
UX Tweak Pricing
- Plus: $59/month (billed annually). Designed for solo researchers or B2C businesses, offering 200 own-sourced responses, and up to 5 tasks per test.
- Business: $152/month (billed annually). Geared for B2B companies with 1000+ own-sourced responses and 50+ recordings.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing – tailored enterprise plans are available on request.
UX Tweak Features
- Session replay: Review every user action on your website with a session recording.
- Live testing: Validate usability in real-time.
- Screening questions: Ensure the right audience for your tests.
- Custom test designs: Personalize your user test’s appearance and flow.
UX Tweak Reviews from real users – via Capterra
UX Tweak Pros
- “Exceptional support service.”
- “Ideal for educational and non-profit organizations.”
- “Easy-to-use with insightful analysis tools.”
UX Tweak Cons
- “Full-screen button limitations.”
- “Icon designs can be confusing.”
- “Occasional lags in recording.”
- “Button labels can be unclear.”
With a comprehensive set of features and flexible pricing, UXtweak stands out as a solid Trymata alternative for usability testing, and a good choice for businesses aiming to optimize their website’s user experience.
Lookback offers a comprehensive solution for usability testing, positioning itself as a decent alternative to Trymata. The platform allows businesses to gain real insights by testing their apps and websites with actual users. The Lookback ethos centers around providing a seamless experience for both researchers and participants, ensuring that every interaction is captured in detail for in-depth analysis.
- Freelance: $25 per month (billed annually). This plan offers 10 sessions per year and includes all session types and core features.
- Team: $149 per month (billed annually). This plan provides 100 sessions per year, all session types, core features, and unlimited collaborators.
- Insights Hub: $344 per month (billed annually). This plan includes 300 sessions per year, all session types, core features, and priority support.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing. This plan offers unlimited sessions, all session types, core features, and dedicated customer support.
- Moderated usability live share: Engage with participants face-to-face and understand their perspective in real-time.
- Cloud recording: All sessions are recorded in the cloud, eliminating the need for uploads or file management.
- Sharing: Features like Virtual Observation Rooms and team chat facilitate collaboration and keep the entire team updated.
- Tester management: Integration with User Interviews for efficient tester automation and management.
Lookback Reviews from real users – via Capterra
- “Exceptional tool for usability studies.”
- “Smooth experience for both researchers and participants.”
- “All-in-one platform for session recording, note-taking, and team collaboration.”
- “Technical errors encountered during sessions.”
- “Issues with iOS functionality.”
- “Exported clips are in an uncommon file format.”
Lookback’s emphasis on real-time insights and its suite of features make it a strong contender in the usability testing space. Its integration capabilities and focus on a seamless user experience further enhance its appeal as a reliable Trymata alternative.
Hotjar is a comprehensive tool that offers a blend of both analytics and quantitative metrics to understand how users interact with websites. It’s purpose is to help businesses visualize user behavior, making it easier to pinpoint areas needing improvement. With its intuitive interface and rich feature set, Hotjar has become a favorite among many businesses looking to gain deeper insights into user behavior.
- Plus: $32/month (billed annually). Designed for small teams, it provides up to 100 daily sessions.
- Business: Starts at $80/month (billed annually). The pricing varies based on the number of daily sessions, starting from 500 and going up to 270k daily sessions. This plan is tailored for growing companies.
- Scale: Starts at $171/month (billed annually). Like the Business plan, the pricing is based on daily sessions, but this plan is designed for experts with high traffic needs.
- Heatmaps: Visual representation of where users click, move, and scroll on a site.
- Feedback tools: Collect feedback directly from users to understand their needs and pain points.
- Surveys: Customizable surveys to gather more detailed feedback.
- User interviews: Connect with users 1:1 to discover user-specific insights.
Hotjar Reviews from real users – via Capterra
- “Easy to implement with a super simple interface.”
- “Provides valuable insights into customer activity.”
- “Effective heatmaping tool and session recording feature.”
- “Responsive and professional customer support.”
- “Costly when upgrading to premium plans.”
- “Potential privacy concerns for some users.”
- “Some features, like pop-ups, can affect bounce rates.”
- “Technical issues encountered during sessions.”
Hotjar’s blend of analytics and quantitative metrics makes it a versatile choice for businesses of all sizes, while lacking some qualitative depth. However, it’s still a strong contender in the usability testing space, and a worthy alternative to Trymata, although not an exact like-for-like swap.
?Are you looking to make the switch from Hotjar? Here’s our list of the best Hotjar alternatives for Product Testing.
5. Lyssna (formerly UsabilityHub)
Lyssna, previously known as UsabilityHub, is a comprehensive platform designed for user research. With a focus on providing a seamless experience for both researchers and participants, Lyssna offers a suite of tools that cater to various research needs. From card sorting to prototype testing, Lyssna ensures that businesses can gather actionable insights to improve their user experience.
- Basic Plan: $75/month. For teams aiming to expand their research capabilities. Features include tests, surveys, and interview studies, three seats, with a 5-minute test and survey length, and self-recruited test and survey responses.
- Pro Plan: $175/month. Designed for teams scaling their research. This package offers unlimited tests, surveys, and interview studies, five seats, unlimited test and survey length, and 30 self-recruited interview sessions per month.
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing tailored for large organizations requiring specialized support and security features.
- Conditional Logic: Ask questions based on participants’ previous answers.
- Custom Branding: Personalize study interfaces with your branding.
- Multi-Language Support: Over 30 languages supported for a global audience.
Lyssna Reviews from real users – via Capterra
- “Fantastic tools; quality feedback and quick survey setup.”
- “Super easy and straightforward user test setup.”
- “Enjoyable and probably the easiest software encountered.”
- “Responses can sometimes be missed if you’re not fast.”
- “Billing can be inconvenient with both subscription and per-test charges.”
- “Some instructions to participants can be unclear.”
Lyssna’s comprehensive suite of tools and its focus on providing a seamless research experience make it a worthy alternative to Trymata. The Lyssna team also has very good taste in color scheme, logo, fonts, and copy, all of which seem to have been inspired by Userbrain.
?Are you a UX/UI designer? Discover the best UsabilityHub alternatives for your needs.
6. UserTesting / UserZoom
UserTesting, now integrated with UserZoom, is the most well-established platform in the user testing domain – as suggested by the domain. Their combined capabilities offer a comprehensive suite of tools for businesses to gather insights into user behavior and preferences. With a focus on both qualitative and quantitative research methods, UserTesting/UserZoom aims to provide a holistic view of user experience, ensuring that businesses can make informed decisions based on actionable insights.
- Quick Start Plans: Designed for individuals and small teams, these plans offer qualitative research methods, automated B2B & B2C participant recruitment for small sample sizes, and more. The annual study limit starts at 40/yr, with researcher seats starting at 2.
- Enterprise Plans: Tailored for larger organizations, these plans offer a broader range of research methods, including card sorting, surveys, click testing, and more. They also provide access to UserZoom’s global panel network in 14 countries.
- Research Methods: From live interviews to usability testing, card sorting, and benchmarking with QXscore™.
- Participant Recruitment: Recruit from UserZoom’s global panel network or invite your own participants. Offers demographic filters, customizable screeners, and automated session scheduling.
- Analysis & Reporting: Features an interactive video player, video clips & highlight reels, automatic transcripts, graphs, task reports, and more.
- Support & Control: Offers a self-service knowledge base, UserZoom training & certification, dedicated research partner, and enterprise-level security features.
UserTesting/UserZoom Reviews from real users – via Capterra
- “UserTesting is an awesome tool to get high-quality feedback about your products in minutes.”
- “The ability to mark up the videos by taking notes of important thoughts/sections. The ease of use and dynamic functionality.”
- “Love using this software and will continue using it, a great way to earn extra money.”
- “User Testing is an excellent way to test new products and get paid. Love seeing new websites or apps in the works before they’re officially out.”
- “Remote testing has its limitations as participants can be impatient or misunderstand the questions.”
- “Integrating UserTesting was difficult, especially for stakeholders who lean more on quantitative data.”
- “Instead they give you this annoying workaround where you have to send them out in batches and then combine the data later, which can get tedious.”
With its utterly mindblowing set of features and a long-standing reputation in the industry, UserTesting/UserZoom stands as a formidable competitor in the usability testing space. Their integration with UserZoom further amplifies their capabilities, making them a top choice for large businesses that can afford to pay top dollar.
?Read more: Compare and contrast UserTesting vs. Userbrain on pricing, features, and more.
Conclusion: the 6 best Trymata alternatives in 2023
Choosing the right usability testing tool is crucial for understanding your users and refining your product. While Trymata offers a robust platform, it’s essential to consider Trymata alternatives like Userbrain or whichever tool tickles your fancy. Each tool brings unique features and benefits to the table. By comparing these options and considering user feedback, you can make an informed decision that best suits your business needs in 2023 and beyond.
Next steps with Userbrain
Get down to business with 2 free user tests. Start your free trial! ?
Need a hand? Schedule a call with one of our user testing experts. ?