Looking to switch from Loop11 to another user testing tool? Here are 6 alternatives to Loop11.com among which you’ll definitely find the right one for you.
Okay, you came here looking for alternatives to Loop11 because you aren’t satisfied with your current user testing tool? Maybe looking for a UX research software that offers you a pool of participants to test with or provides you a better quality of user tests?
Loop11 is a useful UX tool for benchmarking a site’s KPIs, finding out where exactly users are running into an issue and gathering quantitative data on UX improvements. The company was founded in 2009 by Toby Biddle, who’s currently working as the CEO of Loop11.
What makes Loop11 special compared to other user testing tools?
With Loop11 businesses can create online surveys and customized user tests. The tasks of the user tests can be combined with goals and questions. The tool provides qualitative data in the form of user video and audio recordings but also quantitative insights like heatmaps, time on task, page counts and more.
Probably the most special feature of Loop11 is accessibility testing where you can remotely record the user behavior of participants with special needs to ensure your product is compliant with the relevant accessibility laws.
But Loop11 isn’t for everyone.
Some Loop11 reviewers claim that using the tool might be a bit challenging, especially when you’re new into user testing, with one of the reviewers claiming:
“Sometimes it is quite hard to navigate, especially when you know what you wanna do.”
Another drawback is that the tool doesn’t provide a pool of testers, which means that users have to recruit participants on their own.
A good alternative for Loop11 would be a tool that’s easy to use or offering a pool of participants to test with to save you precious time that you could already use for actual testing.
The best-rated, alternatives to Loop11
Knowing that Loop11 is a good tool for user testing, but not the best tool for every company, we’ve put together the following list of available alternatives:
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the six best competitors of Loop11:
1 Userbrain | userbrain.com
Of course we’re going to place our own software at the top of the list. We’d be silly not to, wouldn’t we?
If you like Loop11 but you’re looking for something that’s easier to use but still offers you great results, then we’ve got your back!
Pros of Userbrain compared to Loop11
At Userbrain you get:
- No long-term contracts – There is a custom pay-as-you-go option that allows you to pay only when you have something to test; monthly subscriptions can be canceled anytime.
- A diversified participant panel – Save yourself the hassle of recruiting, managing, and paying for participants and get access to a worldwide pool of unbiased user test participants.
- Fast results – You’ll receive your first results within only a few hours
- Unlimited team members – no matter how big your team, you can invite them all to Userbrain and assign roles.
You can create a free account and even get your first test free of charge.
Cons of Userbrain compared to Loop11
Userbrain is new on the market, which makes its set of features a little more limited compared to Loop11.
- No native app testing – Userbrain supports testing everything that can be accessed via a URL – websites, web apps, or even prototypes. Testing native iOS or Android apps isn’t possible for now.
- Testing only works in English, German, and Spanish – While Loop11 supports more than 40 languages for your user tests, Userbrain only supports testing in English, German, and Spanish
Userbrain’s pricing in comparison to Loop11
With Userbrain pricing starts at $35 per tester, while with Loop11 the cheapest plan costs you $79/month. This makes Userbrain the most affordable and cost-effective alternative to Loop11.
- There is a pay-as-you go-option for $35 per tester without any subscription nor extra fees.
- The monthly plans start at $249 per month for 10 testers. All unused testers roll over.
- You can create a free account and get your first test free of charge.
- When paying yearly, you get 2 months for free.
This is what one Userbrain reviewer says about the pricing options:
“The best thing about Userbrain is the pricing structure. It’s also affordable for companies who are testing in small volumes.”
2 Lookback | lookback.io
When you already have access to a pool of user test participants and don’t need a tool that provides access to an existing database of testers, but having some new features like remote moderates user testing sounds interesting to you, Lookback might be the right tool for your needs.
Pros of Lookback compared to Loop11
- Unlimited participants – Lookback doesn’t cap recordings or charge for participants. You can do as much research as you need to.
- Remote moderated testing – Lookback allows you to directly talk with participants – live and face-to-face in moderated user tests.
- Broadcast your research –Use the “Live” feature to broadcast your research to your team. Invite them to watch and gain insights.
Cons of Lookback compared to Loop11
- No tester pool – While UserTesting provides access to a pool of over a million testers worldwide, you need to invite your own testers via a link to Lookback’s user testing tool.
- No task steps – With Loop11 you can fill your tasks with questions and goals and separate them in step-by-step tasks, while with Lookback the task is fully displayed upfront and there’s no option for customizing.
- Connection drops – As Lookback supports live testing with participants there might be connection drops during a session, something that is reported by a couple of reviewers.
Lookback’s pricing in comparison to Loop11
- All Lookback Subscriptions are billed annually.
- Lookback’s Team Plan starts with $99/month offering 100 sessions a year.
- The Insights Hub Plan costs $229/month and you get 300 sessions per year.
- There is also a Enterprise plan that starts at $13000/year
- There is a 14-day free trial – no credit card required.
3 UsabilityHub | usabilityhub.com
UsabilityHub allows you to run summative studies like first-click and five-second tests, design surveys or preference tests of multiple design solutions. You will receive written answers and can either recruit your own participants or use UsabilityHub’s integrated participant panel.
Pros of UsabilityHub compared to Loop11
- Starting at $1 per answer – If you don’t need a video and audio recording of your participants and are more interested in running summative studies, you can do so quickly and at a convenient price by using UsabilityHub’s participant panel.
- Buying credits – Compared to Loop11, credits for tests can be purchased on-the-go when ordering responses or pre-purchased. Credits do not expire.
Cons of UsabilityHub compared to Loop11
- No screen and audio recording – UsabilityHub provides you with quantitative data, Loop11 additionally also offers you recording a participant’s screen, face, and audio during a test.
- No prototype testing – With UsabilityHubs you can run tests of wireframes, while Loop11 also supports various tools to test your prototypes.
UsabilityHub’s pricing in comparison to Loop11
UsabilityHub’s pricing has two separate components:
- A plan starting at $79/mo billed monthly or annually
- Paying for responses from the UsabilityHub panel starting at $1 per response
- There is a limited free plan which allows you to run tests with a duration of up to 2 mins and a branded interface.
4 Userlytics | userlytics.com
Userlytics offers very competitive pricing options for a suite of user research tools at the expense of an outdated user interface.
Pros of Userlytics compared to Loop11
- Multiple user research tools in one – With Userlytics, you’ll have access to a suite of user research tools like Card Sorting or Tree Testing in addition to the classic remote user testing functionality.
- Automated and multilingual transcriptions – You receive an AI-generated searchable transcription of your user test.
- Quantitative metrics – Compared to Loop11, Userlytics offers a more sophisticated reporting on quantitative metrics like time on task, SUS, NPS or SUPR-Q.
Cons of Userlytics compared to Loop11
- Outdated user interface – The user interface is considered old and challenging in terms of usability by a couple of reviewers on G2.
- Complex pricing plans – Userlytics offers six different pricing tiers all with different options and features. It could be hard to choose the right plan for your needs.
- Device selection at mobile testing– When recruiting mobile users, you can only choose either Android OR iPhone; you can’t have both.
Userlytics pricing in comparison to Loop11
As mentioned, the pricing options of Userlytics can be quite hard to decide on. Userlytics offers:
- Three different Pay as you go plans starting with $49/per participant
- Three different Subscription plans reaching from $399/per month to $999/per month
- All subscription plans allow you to test unlimited with participants provided by you or a 3rd party
- Custom plan for specific projects and unconventional profiles
5 Userzoom | go.userzoom.com
Validately started by offering moderated user testing and later added an unmoderated option. Validately has recently been acquired by UserZoom.
Pros of UserZoom compared to Loop11
- Bring your own testers for free – All monthly plans allow you to use your own participants for your study at no extra cost.
- Moderated user tests – Validately supports moderated and unmoderated user testing on desktop and mobile devices.
Cons of UserZoom compared to Loop11
- Limited researchers – The monthly plans have a limit on the number of people who can create or launch studies. If you need more, you’ll have to pay more.
- Contracts are billed annually – You need to pay for a year upfront
UserZoom’s pricing in comparison to Loop11
UserZoom offers different pricing options for moderated and unmoderated user tests:
- Plans that support moderated and unmoderated user testing start at $500/mo with 2 researcher seats, unlimited collaborator seats and 40 Studies/year.
- There are two plans which you can customize by reaching out to UserZoom.
- There is a 14-day free trial.
- All contracts are billed annually.
6 UserTesting | usertesting.com
UserTesting is the first unmoderated user testing tool ever and therefore had the time to built up the largest number of participants compared to any other service. According to their own data, UserTesting.com has over 1.5 million participants on their panel. This allows customers to receive very fast feedback, with access to a very sophisticated platform with lots of possibilities to run and analyze their user tests.
Pros of UserTesting compared to Loop11
- Pool of participants – UserTesting offers you a pool of participants to test with.
- Fast results – With over 1.5 million participants UserTesting has the largest number of participants in their pool of testers.
Cons of UserTesting compared to Loop11
- Updated Pricing Model – With UserTesting, if you want to test with more than 15 participants in total, you need to get in contact with their Sales team for an Enterprise plan. You’ll then be offered an about 18k/year long-term contract.
- No free trial – Even though the price for UserTesting is very high, there’s no free-trial to see if it works for you.
UserTesting’s pricing in comparison to Loop11
UserTesting offers you two pricing plans.
- For the Individual solution you pay $49 per test; with this plan you can test with 15 participants in total.
- An Enterprise solution is also offered, pricing depends on how the plan is customized.